Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat on a Mission Kat on a Mission is offline

Default Cursor starts in the Middle of the page

I dont know what I have done but every time I open a New document up the
cursor starts in teh middle of the page.
I have tried to back space but it will not move up to the top of the page

Does anyone know what I may have done??????

Thanks Heaps
Katrina
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Cursor starts in the Middle of the page

Hi Katrina! It sounds like your default paragraph settings may have been changed. Here's how you can fix it:
  1. Open a new blank document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Paragraph" section and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the section to open the Paragraph dialog box.
  4. In the Paragraph dialog box, make sure that the "General" tab is selected.
  5. Look for the "Alignment" section and make sure that "Left" is selected.
  6. Look for the "Indentation" section and make sure that "Left" is selected for both "Special" and "By".
  7. Click "OK" to save the changes.

This should reset your default paragraph settings and allow your cursor to start at the top of the page. Let me know if this helps!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003 or earlier, click on File | Page Setup | Layout tab |
Vertical alignment: Top | Apply to: Whole document | Default | OK. If
you are prompted to save changes to your global template when you exit
Word, say yes.

In Word 2007, click on the Page Layout tab on the Ribbon, click on the
little arrow at the bottom right corner of the Page Setup group, and
click on Layout tab | Vertical alignment: Top | Apply to: Whole document

Kat on a Mission wrote:

I dont know what I have done but every time I open a New document up the
cursor starts in teh middle of the page.
I have tried to back space but it will not move up to the top of the page

Does anyone know what I may have done??????

Thanks Heaps
Katrina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat on a Mission[_2_] Kat on a Mission[_2_] is offline

Thankyou so much, I feel like a dummy. Ohh well . I really appreciate your
help

Kat on a mission