Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Todd

Default Creating a form - tutorial?

Hi all,
I would like to have one form that I can complete with somebodys details'
and then select the type of letter to send them, and it propogates the
details automatically. For example:
Select 'yes' as they applied online.
Select 'no' that they have not provided a resume yet.
Select 'yes' that there are currently positions available in the area of
their choice.

With the above selections - the letter is propogated with all the
appropriate paragraphs, as well as their personal data merged.

I know how to do mail merges - but no ideas on creating this form.. Can
anyone direct me to a good tutorial to suit the above please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VG9kZA==?=,

I would like to have one form that I can complete with somebodys details'
and then select the type of letter to send them, and it propogates the
details automatically. For example:
Select 'yes' as they applied online.
Select 'no' that they have not provided a resume yet.
Select 'yes' that there are currently positions available in the area of
their choice.

With the above selections - the letter is propogated with all the
appropriate paragraphs, as well as their personal data merged.

I know how to do mail merges - but no ideas on creating this form.. Can
anyone direct me to a good tutorial to suit the above please?

It sounds like you need a UserForm (like a dialog box, but you define your
own, using VBA). I think you'll find a tutorial on creating UserForms and
putting the information from a form into your document on the word.mvps.org
website.

this may not cover the point about inserting appropriate paragraphs. The
most efficient way to do this would be to insert AutoText entries, that
you've stored in the template for this type of document.

For more help on this project, I suggest one of the word.vba newsgroups (for
macro/developer questions).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org