Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JamesV JamesV is offline

Default Possible to add a leading page for a directory merge?

I have a directory merge, works great (Word 2003). However, I have to
manually add a title page after the merge is done. I have tried to add a
title page to the merge document itself, but (of course) during the merge the
leading page is simply replicating beneath each directory entry.

Is it possible to add a title page to a merge document and have Word ignore
it during a directory merge?

Thanks much for any advice!

James
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You may be able to set it up as a first page header.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JamesV" wrote in message
I have a directory merge, works great (Word 2003). However, I have to
manually add a title page after the merge is done. I have tried to add a
title page to the merge document itself, but (of course) during the merge
the
leading page is simply replicating beneath each directory entry.

Is it possible to add a title page to a merge document and have Word
ignore
it during a directory merge?

Thanks much for any advice!

James

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You may be able to put your title page as the "true" result of a nested IF
field that says

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = 1 "put all your first page text and formatting here,
followed by a page break character" "" }then start the following text
immediately here.

NB, every pair of {} needs to be the special field code braces you can
insert using ctrl-F9.

However, if your directory is being used to create a table, that won't work
because you will end up with a blank line between each table row.

Peter Jamieson