Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JungZimm JungZimm is offline

Default Docs based on templates lose relationship to template when saved.

I have about 20 templates for work made in Woord 2003 that execute snippets
of visual basic upon leaving form fields in protected forms. If convert them
to 2007 format the folloiwng occurs: If someone hasn't finished completing
the form and saves it as a docm, the saved document loses its reference to
the original template. This was not an issue in 2003. If I attempt to
're-attach' the saved document to the orignal template, I get an error saying
documents can't be attached to protected templates. Is there some preference
I can set to make sure the saved documents stay referrenced to their original
templates?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JungZimm JungZimm is offline

Default Docs based on templates lose relationship to template when sav

Thanks Graham. I'm fine with leaving sleeping dogs lie and telling people to
make sure they save their unfinished forms in W2003 format. I guess I was
wondering more about new forms I might create and if Infopath would be a
better route to go for new stuff. Some of our current word forms pull data
from an access back end .mdb.

John