Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Snalle Snalle is offline

Default Track changes behaves oddly

So here's the issue:
I have several Headings that are numbered, e.g. heading 2 has two
numbers assigned, e.g. "10.2 Heading 2". If I cut text from another
part of the document, say I want something moved to a different
chapter, and I turn on track changes to make a vertical line to show
that I have moved this text, the when I insert it, all headings in the
related chapter that come after the inserted text now change their
automatic numbering as well. So if I insert "10.2 Heading 2" before
the old "10.2", then this will now display "10.210.3" and a vertical
line in the margin. Now what really bugs me, is that I can't get rid
of this change. I have tried updating the field, nothing changes, I
have tried scanning through the changes,but word doesn't even count it
as a change, it just goes on to the next change that is not related to
the problem. I have tried switching of "track moves" and several other
features, but the fact of the matter is the same: After I have
inserted some already numbered text, all headings of the same style
change their numbering and I can't get rid of it. Any ideas?

Kind regards
Allan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Snalle Snalle is offline

On 30 Jun., 11:21, Snalle wrote:
[...]

Nevermind, I found a solution, just select deletions to be hidden in
tracking options.