Pippa

Default change default date/time in track changes comments

I am working in a Word document using UK English as the default language. I
sent it to a UK colleague to review. She has returned it with tracked
changes - however, the date attached to her comments is in US format, ie
mm/dd/yyyy, and the time is showing AM/PM. How can I change the date format
to dd/mm/yyyy and the time to 24hr clock? Thanks.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Pippa

To get control of languages in Word, you need to get the Windows, Office and
Word language settings all lined up. In this case, I seem to remember that
it's the Office settings that control the format of dates for comments.

To see how to get them lined up, see
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.