Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
susieq

Default Track Changes Won't go away

I am having the same problem as Aimee so I tried to follow the same
directions you gave her. Unfortunately, I do not have the \username\
option. This could be because I am on a network. In any case, no matter what
I do, I cannot get rid of track changes. It opens every time I open the
document. Any other suggestions?

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Hi, Aimee. In Word, click on Tools | Options | File Locations. Note the
location of the "User Templates" folder. The default location for this
folder is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates. Open your normal.dot template in the User
Templates folder. Change the margins (File | Page Setup | Margins) and turn
off Track Changes (click the Track Changes button on the Reviewing toolbar to
toggle it off). Type a few characters, and then delete what you just typed
(this is to make Word think you changed something in the template). Save and
close your normal.dot template. Write back if you have problems.

"Aimee" wrote:

About a year ago I had a course that required I change the page margins to
1"; ever since every time I open up Word (2002) the 1" margins show up and
the track changes are on. It's annoying to have to reject the changes every
time I open a new document. How do I get rid of the track changes so they
dont show up every time I open word?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

susieq: Where is your User Templates folder? Before you can
browse to that folder, you may need to turn on display of hidden
files and folders in Windows Explorer or My Computer by clicking
on Tools | Folder Options | View tab | click the "Show hidden
files and folders" radio button | OK. If it is a network
permission issue that prevents you from accessing the User
Templates folder, then you'll need to talk to your network
administrator.