Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mrodriguez79 mrodriguez79 is offline

Default Mail merged printing and duplexing

Here's what I'm trying to do. I need to print out 50 reports that will be on
11"x17" paper and my duplexer will staple and fold them automatically.

Here's the problem: when I mail merged the reports to personalize them and
then sent them to the printer, it seems like it is sending all of the reports
together as one big file instead of 50 individual files. So my
printer/duplexer is trying to make one big report instead of 50 smaller ones,
which obviously will not work.

I think there has to be some type of setting that would take care of this,
but I can't seem to figure it out. Please help!

Thanks,

Mario

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You will need to execute the mailmerge to a new document and then use the
following macro to send that document to the printer:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i,
To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"mrodriguez79" u32740@uwe wrote in message news:6f9e5d2f13f4c@uwe...
Here's what I'm trying to do. I need to print out 50 reports that will be
on
11"x17" paper and my duplexer will staple and fold them automatically.

Here's the problem: when I mail merged the reports to personalize them
and
then sent them to the printer, it seems like it is sending all of the
reports
together as one big file instead of 50 individual files. So my
printer/duplexer is trying to make one big report instead of 50 smaller
ones,
which obviously will not work.

I think there has to be some type of setting that would take care of this,
but I can't seem to figure it out. Please help!

Thanks,

Mario

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mrodriguez79 via OfficeKB.com mrodriguez79 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Thanks, Doug. Will try it out!

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
You will need to execute the mailmerge to a new document and then use the
following macro to send that document to the printer:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i,
To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

Here's what I'm trying to do. I need to print out 50 reports that will be
on

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

Mario

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mrodriguez79 via OfficeKB.com mrodriguez79 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Doug, I'm a complete newbie in dealing with macros... so this is going to
sound crazy...

How do I create and execute a macro?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
You will need to execute the mailmerge to a new document and then use the
following macro to send that document to the printer:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i,
To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

Here's what I'm trying to do. I need to print out 50 reports that will be
on

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

Mario

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup
readers to help me out?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm

--

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
You will need to execute the mailmerge to a new document and then use the
following macro to send that document to the printer:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i,
To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

Here's what I'm trying to do. I need to print out 50 reports that will
be
on

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

Mario

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mrodriguez79 via OfficeKB.com mrodriguez79 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Thanks for your time and help, Doug! I really appreciate it!

Mario

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
See the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup
readers to help me out?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm

Doug, I'm a complete newbie in dealing with macros... so this is going to
sound crazy...

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]

Mario