RoxSn

Default Strangest thing happened with a TOC

I have just had the strangest thing happen with an auto-generated TOC and
cannot recreate the problem to know how it may have happened. I have a file
that has about a dozen different Title styles so that I can run a separate
TOC for each Title group. All of the groups from page 349 have page 349 for
the page number. If you use the hyperlink, it takes you to the correct page
(not pg. 349), but it reads 349. If it's undated, it's fine. Unfortunately,
it went to the client this way and I haven't a clue how it happened. I'd like
to try to figure it out so that it won't happen again. Is there any automatic
setting in options that would cause this? We tried everything we could think
of to mess it up that way and couldn't make it do it. Any ideas? I'd be glad
to send the file to someone who wants to try to figure it out. Thanks!

RoxSn

I've had no replies to this... no ideas why this would happen? I got another
email from the client this morning that the file was fine before they posted
the Word file to the website, but the links were wrong after posting. I know
nothing of posting files to a website, but can't imagine why the links would
be wrong upon posting. The TOC consists of a separate TOC for each Title
style (about 12) and then another TOC that was generated including all of the
Title styles and then rearranged alphabetically (manually moved around), also
including some hidden text in a TOC field code with switches. I really need
help with this one please.

"RoxSn" wrote:

I have just had the strangest thing happen with an auto-generated TOC and
cannot recreate the problem to know how it may have happened. I have a file
that has about a dozen different Title styles so that I can run a separate
TOC for each Title group. All of the groups from page 349 have page 349 for
the page number. If you use the hyperlink, it takes you to the correct page
(not pg. 349), but it reads 349. If it's undated, it's fine. Unfortunately,
it went to the client this way and I haven't a clue how it happened. I'd like
to try to figure it out so that it won't happen again. Is there any automatic
setting in options that would cause this? We tried everything we could think
of to mess it up that way and couldn't make it do it. Any ideas? I'd be glad
to send the file to someone who wants to try to figure it out. Thanks!

Charles Kenyon

Keep in mind that you are asking volunteers and it has been a weekend. I
read your post but don't have any ideas.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"RoxSn" wrote:

[...]

RoxSn

Thanks Charles. I was a bit worried when I saw six pages of new posts and
thought I'd be lost in the pile. Looks like it's been a very busy weekend
too. We're getting a lot of pressure from the project leader and she's
getting pressure from the clients for us to figure this out, but I'll just
ask them to be patient and keep trying to figure it out. They want to post
the file to their website since that's what we're supposed to be supplying
but they can't until we figure out why this is happening. I've tried
everything I know to recreate the problem and haven't been able to. It sounds
like it has something to do with either the posting or maybe they do
something to the file before posting.