DottyEyes

Default "Find" should allow you to paste like it used to.

On older versions of Word, you could copy and paste words, symbols, etc.,
into the "find" box. Now, if I want to search for a symbol or unusually
spelled word, or a specific, long string of words, I must type it in instead
of copying the terms and pasting them into the find box.

For example, I edit books that use many foreign characters, like actue
accent "e." If I want to compare words spelled with or without the special
"e," I must know the ASCII (or whatever it is) code of the symbol and type
"^" plus that number into the "find" box to make sure I only get the words
with that accented "e." Another example: I had a heck of a time trying to
find out what some odd dash was throughout a manuscript, and I needed to
delete it. I couldn't search for it throughout the manuscript until I knew
what its code it was. But how could I find that out? There are hundreds of
symbols I'd have to search through. In WordPerfect, I could have just
selected (highlighted) the symbol, and clicked "find." The symbol would
immediately be right in the "find" box. Or, in older versions of Word, I
could at least select the symbol, click "copy," and then paste the selection
into the "find" box. The newer version of Word doesn't have either such
feature. IT REALLY NEEDS IT!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Greg

What version of Word do you have? Word 2000 is older than Word97 and
newer than Word2002.

I can paste to the Find what field in any version of Word that I have
every used, including the newest 2003.

You can use Ctrl+V to paste into the Find dialog. Failing that, you can us
^c to insert the Clipboard contents.

"DottyEyes" wrote in message
[...]

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Greg

Gee, Suzanne. Kick the dog while it is down. Didn't you know that I
was already off licking my wounds? ;-)

ps.com...