Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neil

Default How do you turn off the "Find" command after you've used it?

When you use Edit / Find (or click the binoculars icon) to find something, it
turns the "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons at the bottom of the scroll bar
blue.

When that happens, they no longer function as Page Up and Page Down. If you
click on them, they just reopen the Find dialog box.

Does anyone know how to turn Find "off" after using it? The only way I've
been able to figure so far is to close the document and reopen it, but I have
to imagine there's a way to do it inside of Word.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Between the next and previous blue browse buttons there is a small button
with a circular icon on it (no idea what it's meant to be). If you click on
this you will get a flyout and be able to select Pages again.

Alternatively it will automatically be changed to the type of anything you
goto using the GoTo (Ctrl+G or F5) Dialog.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Neil" wrote in message
When you use Edit / Find (or click the binoculars icon) to find something,

it
turns the "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons at the bottom of the scroll

bar
blue.

When that happens, they no longer function as Page Up and Page Down. If

you
click on them, they just reopen the Find dialog box.

Does anyone know how to turn Find "off" after using it? The only way I've
been able to figure so far is to close the document and reopen it, but I

have
to imagine there's a way to do it inside of Word.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Click on the ball between these arrows and change the browse object back to
page.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Neil" wrote in message
When you use Edit / Find (or click the binoculars icon) to find something,
it
turns the "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons at the bottom of the scroll
bar
blue.

When that happens, they no longer function as Page Up and Page Down. If
you
click on them, they just reopen the Find dialog box.

Does anyone know how to turn Find "off" after using it? The only way I've
been able to figure so far is to close the document and reopen it, but I
have
to imagine there's a way to do it inside of Word.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Thanks, Suzanne. I don't think I would ever have guessed that - not that it
doesn't look like one, just that I don't see any relevance. I can't think of
any icon that might reflect the button's purpose, mind you, the browse
object doesn't lend itself to pictorial representation.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The "circular icon" is meant to be a push-button.

so
all may benefit.

"Neil" wrote in message
When you use Edit / Find (or click the binoculars icon) to find

something,
it
turns the "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons at the bottom of the

scroll
bar
blue.

When that happens, they no longer function as Page Up and Page Down.

If
you
click on them, they just reopen the Find dialog box.

Does anyone know how to turn Find "off" after using it? The only way

I've
been able to figure so far is to close the document and reopen it, but

have
to imagine there's a way to do it inside of Word.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, that's just my opinion of course; I don't think I've read anything
official saying it's a button (and I've most often seen it described as a
"silver ball"). The ScreenTip says "Select Browse Object," which is not
terribly helpful if you don't know what a browse object is (or don't know
that "browse" is Microsoft's general term for "go to next/previous X"), but
anyone with a modicum of curiosity is likely to press the button to see what
happens and find that it opens a gallery of tantalizing possibilities!

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
Thanks, Suzanne. I don't think I would ever have guessed that - not that

it
doesn't look like one, just that I don't see any relevance. I can't think

of
any icon that might reflect the button's purpose, mind you, the browse
object doesn't lend itself to pictorial representation.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The "circular icon" is meant to be a push-button.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.