Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dancingbabygrl21 dancingbabygrl21 is offline

Default How can I make the n with the squiggly with the key board?

How can I make the n with the squiggly , the upsidedown question mark, and
the accent markwith the key board?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You can do most of the common accented characters by pressing Ctrl-[accent]
then the character. Eg Ctrl-~ n to get ñ, or ctrl-' e for é. Use Alt-Ctrl-?
for ¿.

You can use Insert Symbol for the full set of diacritics, and also to look
up the keyboard shortcut, if any.

"dancingbabygrl21" wrote in
message ...
How can I make the n with the squiggly , the upsidedown question mark, and
the accent markwith the key board?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi dbg

dancingbabygrl21 wrote:
How can I make the n with the squiggly , the upsidedown question mark, and
the accent markwith the key board?

there are a couple of ways:

- you could change your keyboard setup to Spanish and then these will be
"somewhere" (not a good idea unless you plan to apply for a typist in a
Spanish speaking country someday in the future :-)),

- in most standard fonts, these characters have their proper place. You
can find it out in the Insert | Symbol dialog (or in charmap.exe) by
browsing the list of characters.

- once you have the character code (Alt-xxxx on the numpad), you can
insert it like that. Not too friendly if you need these often. Then I'd
create an AutoCorrect entry (something like a double ?? to be change
into the upside-down version, same with !; for the n, it's probably
easier to press the tilde first and the n thereafter (usually converges
to ñ right away).

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Dancer,

See (for a complete treatment):
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/InsertSpecChars.htm
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"dancingbabygrl21" wrote in message
How can I make the n with the squiggly , the upsidedown question mark, and
the accent markwith the key board?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Robert M. Franz (RMF) wrote:

- you could change your keyboard setup to Spanish and then these will
be "somewhere"

You can display the key mapping on screen for any language with the
on-screen keyboard from the accessibility options.