Harry Sampson

Default Russian Cyrillic Unicode

Hi,

I know this is the wrong forum, but I don't know where else to turn for
assistance. If you can please answer my question or direct me to a better
resource, I will be grateful.

A friend received a Hotmail e-mail with the Russian text written in Unicode.
Is there some way (using MS Word or other means) where the Unicode can be
converted to something that Windows normally understands? It will probably
result in Cyrillic text afterwards rather than Unicode.

I don't know much about this stuff, and I am just trying to help a friend.

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Regards,
HS

Smike

try to find answer, tables with Russian encodings, editors and Cyrillic
code convertors
@
http://russiantext.ircdb.org

Klaus Linke

Hi Harry,

Unicode *is* what Windows and Word normally understand.

Are the characters in the mail cyrillic? Then it shouldn't be a problem to copy
the text into Word.

If you see weird latin letters instead, your mail program used the wrong code
page. You might figure it out from the mail's header ("Content Type:"), say
KOI8-R, Cyrillic (Windows) or whatever, and set your mail reader to that code
page.
Once you can read the text in your mail program, you can copy it to Word.

Regards,
Klaus

"Harry Sampson" wrote:
Hi,

I know this is the wrong forum, but I don't know where else to turn for
assistance. If you can please answer my question or direct me to a better
resource, I will be grateful.

A friend received a Hotmail e-mail with the Russian text written in Unicode.
Is there some way (using MS Word or other means) where the Unicode can be
converted to something that Windows normally understands? It will probably
result in Cyrillic text afterwards rather than Unicode.

I don't know much about this stuff, and I am just trying to help a friend.

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Regards,
HS

Harry Sampson

Smike wrote...
try to find answer, tables with Russian encodings, editors and Cyrillic
code convertors
@
http://russiantext.ircdb.org

Thank you!

HS

Can I translate English to/from Russian in Office XP ? mcse4hugh Microsoft Word Help 1 January 16th 05 05:55 PM
UNICODE SORTING Rebecca New Users 1 December 27th 04 06:07 PM
Spacing of Unicode fonts Thomas Payne Formatting Long Documents 3 December 15th 04 07:36 AM
How do I export Japanese to HTML in Unicode Hex format? Alivox Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 04 12:18 AM
Russian Alex New Users 1 December 12th 04 07:47 PM