Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
29spots

Default How do I print an example list of all fonts.

I would like to be able to print a copy of all the fonts available on word,
without having to go back and look and them on the computer all the time.
Could somebody please show me how this can be done.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I Googled for a macro that would create a sample of all fonts. I found one
ages ago that I've used many times. Since my document is almost 100 pages
long, I did *not* print it. I did save it so that I can readily access it
it.

I don't remember where I found the macro but I do know that there are
several available. Take your pick.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"29spots" wrote in message
I would like to be able to print a copy of all the fonts available on word,
without having to go back and look and them on the computer all the time.
Could somebody please show me how this can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Unless you have an *awful* lot of fonts, the macro at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eGenerator.htm will not
produce that many pages. I currently have 680 fonts installed, and my list
(admittedly generated before I installed a few of them) is 35.5 pages. I
customized the macro to generate four or five lines per font, and I then
further customize the output to format some of it as italic (when there is
an italic variant).

.. .

"29spots" wrote in message
I would like to be able to print a copy of all the fonts available on

word,
without having to go back and look and them on the computer all the

time.
Could somebody please show me how this can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eGenerator.htm
and http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm .

29spots wrote:
I would like to be able to print a copy of all the fonts available on word,
without having to go back and look and them on the computer all the time.
Could somebody please show me how this can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I tried that macro and didn't care for it. The one I use produces a table.
The font name is in the left column. The right column has 6 lines of text.
“ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ”
“abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz”
“0123456789”
“The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”
‘àáéêëìíîòóôùúû’
‘(;,.:£€$?!)’

From the looks of it, I'm down to a 100-page long document. I could probably
change some of the paragraph settings but it works for me the way it is.
:-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Unless you have an *awful* lot of fonts, the macro at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eGenerator.htm will not
produce that many pages. I currently have 680 fonts installed, and my list
(admittedly generated before I installed a few of them) is 35.5 pages. I
customized the macro to generate four or five lines per font, and I then
further customize the output to format some of it as italic (when there is
an italic variant).

so
all may benefit.

"29spots" wrote in message
I would like to be able to print a copy of all the fonts available on

word,
without having to go back and look and them on the computer all the

time.
Could somebody please show me how this can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That's exactly what that macro does. It creates a table with the font name
in the left column and sample text in the right. The text you quote is
almost identical to the sample text provided by that macro, but you can make
it print anything you want it to; all you have to do is edit the sample text
in the macro.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
I tried that macro and didn't care for it. The one I use produces a table.
The font name is in the left column. The right column has 6 lines of text.
“ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ”
“abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz”
“0123456789”
“The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”
‘àáéêëìíîòóôùúû’
‘(;,.:£€$?!)’

From the looks of it, I'm down to a 100-page long document. I could

probably
change some of the paragraph settings but it works for me the way it is.
:-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Unless you have an *awful* lot of fonts, the macro at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eGenerator.htm will not
produce that many pages. I currently have 680 fonts installed, and my

list
(admittedly generated before I installed a few of them) is 35.5 pages. I
customized the macro to generate four or five lines per font, and I then
further customize the output to format some of it as italic (when there

is
an italic variant).

newsgroup
so