janice

Default printer is not printing document-help!!!

Please can somebody help????
I am trying to print a word document on my Epson printer, however, nothing
is happening???
When I look in the printer profile, my document is waiting to print.
The red light on my printer will not turn off. I have tried unplugging the
printer and plugging it in again, rebooting the computer and printing other
documents but nothing will print. I have checked all the connections and they
are ok. The printer is set up as the default printer but I cant even print a
test page!!!
Any advise would be appreciated before I thow it out of the window.
I have been through the troubleshooting guide but nothing is working.
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 07:03:02 -0700, janice
wrote:

Please can somebody help????
I am trying to print a word document on my Epson printer, however, nothing
is happening???
When I look in the printer profile, my document is waiting to print.
The red light on my printer will not turn off. I have tried unplugging the
printer and plugging it in again, rebooting the computer and printing other
documents but nothing will print. I have checked all the connections and they
are ok. The printer is set up as the default printer but I cant even print a
test page!!!
Any advise would be appreciated before I thow it out of the window.
I have been through the troubleshooting guide but nothing is working.

If the red light on the printer stays on, the problem is in the
printer and not in the computer or software.

Which red light is lit? Is it the one for "out of ink"? Many models of
Epson printers keep track of the number of ink drops they use. When
the printer's built-in software decides that you've used up any one of
the ink cartridges, it refuses to print anything until you replace the
"empty" cartridge. If the software tells you which cartridge it thinks
is empty, replace that one; otherwise, you'll have to replace them one
at a time until the light goes out.

If it's another red light, you may have a paper jam or a bad circuit
board.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
janice

Thanks for this Jay. I thought it was the ink so I bought some new cartridges
and had put in at the shop to make sure they were in correctly. The darn red
light is still on and not printing. There is no paper jam and the printer is
not taking the paper. Its the red light next to the green power light. Guess
I'll give up and throw it out of the window!!!
Many thanks for your help.