Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Raven

Default Cross References Re-inserting Figures

I have a document that has a lot of figures (tables, excel-linked charts,
visio diagrams). On certain figures (mostly the excel ones), when I print
the document, it duplicates/re-inserts the figure right next to the cross
reference field. I delete it out and re-print and it does it again.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Irene

"Raven" wrote:

I have a document that has a lot of figures (tables, excel-linked charts,
visio diagrams). On certain figures (mostly the excel ones), when I print
the document, it duplicates/re-inserts the figure right next to the cross
reference field. I delete it out and re-print and it does it again.

Any suggestions?

"Irene" worte

I am having the same problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have managed to get the figure inside the bookmark for the
cross-reference. This is easy to do because these bookmarks are hidden. As a
precautionary measure, don't ever press Enter at the beginning of a caption
paragraph to get a new paragraph for the figure; instead, press Enter at the
end of the previous paragraph. At this point, try deleting the
cross-reference entirely and reinserting it from scratch.

Alternatively, select just the caption you want to cross-reference, go to
Insert | Bookmark, check the box for "Hidden bookmarks" and select the radio
button for "Location." The bookmark that is highlighted is the one for the
caption you have selected. Click Add to reapply the bookmark to the selected
text. Then use F9 to update your cross-reference.

"Irene" wrote in message

"Raven" wrote:

I have a document that has a lot of figures (tables, excel-linked

charts,
visio diagrams). On certain figures (mostly the excel ones), when I

print
the document, it duplicates/re-inserts the figure right next to the

cross
reference field. I delete it out and re-print and it does it again.

Any suggestions?

"Irene" worte

I am having the same problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Irene

"Irene" wrote:

Thank You so much Suzanne, I did manage to get the figure inside the
bookmark. And, because of your kind help I will never have to make this same
mistake again. Your answer was both helpful and informative.

"Irene" wrote in message

"Raven" wrote:

I have a document that has a lot of figures (tables, excel-linked

charts,
visio diagrams). On certain figures (mostly the excel ones), when I

print
the document, it duplicates/re-inserts the figure right next to the

cross
reference field. I delete it out and re-print and it does it again.

Any suggestions?

"Irene" worte

I am having the same problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad I could help. I remember the first time this happened to me (an entire
graph appearing in a cross-reference), and I couldn't imagine what I'd done.
Hanging around this place, you can learn a lot!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.