LB_1945

Default Page wider than ruler in word 2003

I have users opening older word documents ( ususally created in Word 97)
opening documents in word 2003. The problem is that when viewing some of
these documents the page is wider than the ruler.

It is as if the ruler(page width) shrinks. This causes the text to apear
mor left alligned with normal margins.

Changing the view does nothing and it prints out wrong as well.

how to fix this???
Shauna Kelly

Hi

Is it possible that (a) there are tracked changes or comments in these
documents and (b) Word is set up to show balloons at Tools Options Track
Changes.

If so, Word will allow space for the balloons, which appears to cause the
text to shrink to the left.

The solution is to accept all the tracked changes and/or delete all the
comments.

For more information about tracked changes, see
How does Track Changes in Microsoft Word work?
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.