Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Middo

Default HOW CAN I PRINT A LIST OF THE SELECTED MAIL MERGE RECIPIENTS

word 2003, have done a mail merge from a rather large recipients list. Have
selected 100 recipients in a list of 2000. How can I print a list of the
selected recipients only for future reference? Can I save the selected
recipients for use in another document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It's probably best to do this in reverse.

Start with a directory type mailmerge main document to which you attach the
datasource, and in that document, insert the merge fields into the cells of
a one row table. Select the recipients that you want to merge and then
execute the merge to a new document. That document will contain a row with
the data for each of the selected recipients. Now insert a row at the top
of the table in that document and into it, insert the field names. Save
that document and then use it as the datasource for your mailmerge.

If you have already executed the merge, you may be able to change the type
of the main document to directory and delete every thing from it and then
set up the mergefields in a table as mentioned above and then merge to a new
document, but I am not sure that the selected recipients will "survive" the
conversion of the main document from letter to directory.

If it was labels that you produced, see "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data
File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at::

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.