John Calligy

Default Can you save individual document pages as seperate word files?

The splitter macro, as modified, works beautifully - but the macro deletes my
merge file's headers (a different header for each section). Any way around
this?

"kersterlm" wrote:

You are the best! Works like a charm...

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

I dont have access to Word at the moment, but try

Target.Range.FormattedText = Letter

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"kersterlm" wrote in message
This macro (the simple splitter verison, I am not so interested in
automatically naming the saved files) almost does the trick for me, with
one
problem:

My master doc is a form, and merges into a long list of forms.

splitter macro keeps removing the formating (like, the table built into
the
form) but keeps the text. Any ideas on how to keep the formatting in
tact?

Thanks in advance, you are always a great help.

Kersterlm

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

The following macro will do it:

Sub splitter()

' splitter Macro

' Macro created by Doug Robbins to save each letter created by a
mailmerge
as a separate file.

Dim i As Long, Source as Document, Target as Document, Letter as Range
Set Source = ActiveDocument
For i = 1 to Source.Sections.Count
Set Letter = Source.Sections(i).Range
Letter.End=Letter.End-1
Set Target = Documents.Add
Target.Range=Letter
Target.SaveAs FileName:="Letter" & i
Target.Close
Next i

End Sub

Here's another method that I have used that involves creating a separate
catalog type mailmerge maindocument which creates a word document
containing
a table in each row of which would be your data from the database that
you
want to use as the filename.

You first execute that mailmerge, then save that file and close it. Then
execute the mailmerge that you want to create the separate files from and
with the
result of that on the screen, run a macro containing the following code
and when the File open dialog appears, select the file containing the
table
created by the first mailmerge

' Throw Away Macro created by Doug Robbins
'
Dim Source As Document, oblist As Document, DocName As Range,
DocumentName
As String
Dim i As Long, doctext As Range, target As Document
Set Source = ActiveDocument
With Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen)
.Show
End With
Set oblist = ActiveDocument
Counter = 1
For i = 1 To oblist.Tables(1).Rows.Count
Set DocName = oblist.Tables(1).Cell(i, 1).Range
DocName.End = DocName.End - 1

'Change the path in the following command to suit where you want to
save
the documents.
DocumentName = "I:\WorkArea\Documentum\" & DocName.Text
Set doctext = Source.Sections(i).Range
doctext.End = doctext.End - 1
Set target = Documents.Add
target.Range.FormattedText = doctext
target.SaveAs FileName:=DocumentName
target.Close
Next i

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"emweitz" wrote in message
I have created a mail merge document. The merged document is one page.
There
are X pages in the document. I would like Word to save each individual
page
of the merged document as a seperate file. Is this possible? Thanks.

Jan

Doug,

I have somewhat of a similar need. I have a mail merge form that creates
letters based on a specific product for each company site. In the footer of
the form, I have entered a merge field for the company site. I typically
rerun the merge to create the letters for each site. Is there any way the
code you provided can be change to save a new document when the company site?
TIA
Jan