Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GreatWaffleVII GreatWaffleVII is offline

Default Word 2003 Problem

I recently volunteered to work at this preschool program HeadStart or
something like that and I was given the task of translating a few documents
and to also reformat a few other files. They told me to make a document to
where you can type type in a blank and not mess the whole form up. I have
Word 2003.

ex.

I have no _____ what's going on. ---this is what i currently have
I have no __idea_____ what's going on. ---this is what happens when i type
in the blank.
I have no idea what's going on. ---this is what they want.

i know it sounds a bit confusing. I'm basically looking for a way to put in
"fill in the blanks" that you can fill on the computer without making all
your other characters shift. Please if anyone knows of a way to do this,
respond to my thread. =/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

GreatWaffleVII wrote:
I recently volunteered to work at this preschool program HeadStart or
something like that and I was given the task of translating a few
documents and to also reformat a few other files. They told me to
make a document to where you can type type in a blank and not mess
the whole form up. I have Word 2003.

ex.

I have no _____ what's going on. ---this is what i currently have
I have no __idea_____ what's going on. ---this is what happens when
i type in the blank.
I have no idea what's going on. ---this is what they want.

i know it sounds a bit confusing. I'm basically looking for a way to
put in "fill in the blanks" that you can fill on the computer without
making all your other characters shift. Please if anyone knows of a
way to do this, respond to my thread. =/

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm and
particularly the articles by Dian Chapman linked from that page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman