Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chelsea Chelsea is offline

Default Form Fields

How do you put text in a field to tell the reader what to put there in
Microsoft Word 2003? I want to be able to put something like "Amount" in a
text field and have it disappear when the field is going to be filled in so
that the writer can just type the amount and not have to delete any text.
Plesae help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unless you're creating a protected form, I find the MacroButton NoMacro the
easiest approach. You've probably seen this concept implemented in some of
the templates that ship with Word, where there is a field that displays, for
example, "[Click here and type name]." For instructions on how to create
them (it's really quite easy), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm