Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hbear hbear is offline

Default Bulleted list gone bonkers (invisible and uninvited page breaks!)

I recently created an outlined list using bullets that seemed possessed. For
the most part, things were fine, but occasionally, in going back to edit a
line, if the edit added a line and bumped anything onto the next page, it
would insert a page break after the bumped text, resulting in half,
three-quarter, or even whole blank pages between what had been bumped to that
page and what had been there previously.
Frustrating! But worse was the fact that I couldn't find the page breaks to
delete them. Nothing was evident in the hidden characters. And I never
manually inserted hard breaks of any kind in the document, myself, so I don't
know where they came from.
My only recourse in this instance was deleting the (invisible) breaks, line
by line, then reformatting all text that followed because all previous
formatting was lost in the delete. And the process had to be repeated
numerous times because the problem recurred, repeatedly, adding days to a
project that should have taken hours.
My questions a 1) Where did the invisible page breaks come from? 2) How
do I prevent them from recurring in the future? and 3) How do I find
them/deal with them if I do encounter them again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hbear hbear is offline

Default Bulleted list gone bonkers (invisible and uninvited page break

BINGO!!
Another lesson learned! Thank you!
Now if I could just learn to post these questions before I waste three days
worth of profanities...

"hbear" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you're really interested in learning such things, I would suggest that
you read this and other newsgroups regularly; this is much more easily done
with an NNTP newsreader such as Outlook Express; see
http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/...ommunities.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I would check the paragraph formatting (Line and Page Breaks tab) to see

if
"Keep with next" and/or "Keep lines together" has been applied.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"hbear" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hbear hbear is offline

I'm interested in anything that'll help me stay at least one step ahead of
the software (neck and neck would even be fine). So thanks for the link.
I'll certainly explore it.