Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Daniel Hofer Daniel Hofer is offline

Default W2007: changing the predefined margins

Hello everybody

with Google I find a lot of stuff about margins in Word.
But I do not find anything about the predefined margins (small, medium,
etc.)

For here in Switzerland it's not very useful to use these margin in inches.
It would be great if one can change these items.

I've just tried to find it in normal.dotm but no chance..
Does anybody know? Is there a chance to change it? perhaps somewhere in a
XML-file?

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

"Daniel Hofer" wrote in message
Hello everybody

with Google I find a lot of stuff about margins in Word.
But I do not find anything about the predefined margins (small, medium,
etc.)

For here in Switzerland it's not very useful to use these margin in
inches.
It would be great if one can change these items.

I've just tried to find it in normal.dotm but no chance..
Does anybody know? Is there a chance to change it? perhaps somewhere in a
XML-file?

You can change the units of measurement in Word Options Advanced Display
Show measurements in units of:

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Daniel Hofer Daniel Hofer is offline

Hello Peter

PeterMcC schrieb:
You can change the units of measurement in Word Options Advanced
Display Show measurements in units of:

That's not what I want. The unit is centimeters, and that's correct.
What I want is change the predefined margins (they look like the other
building blocks in Word 2007).

I'd like to change them because we don't need these crazy margins.

Thanks,
Daniel