Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cute mouse cute mouse is offline

Default Clicking Show/Hide Button still can't hide the arrows-formatting m

I've clicked the Shoe/Hide button on the Home tab, in the Paragraph group
many times. However the formatting masks, eg. arrows still appear throughout
the document. Please advise.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Show/Hide toggles the formatting marks that aren't otherwise enabled in the
Display settings. Click the Office button - Word Options - Display tab. In
the middle section, remove the checks next to those formatting marks that
you want Show/Hide to be able to toggle. Note that Paragraph Marks controls
some additional characters, as well.

Show/Hide has no effect on any that are checked. For example, if Tab
characters is checked and everything else is unchecked, then Show/Hide will
toggle everything else, but won't toggle Tabs.

Hope this helps...

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible