Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default when I try 2 resize 1 cell in a table, OTHER cells resize on their

When I try to resize a cell or move a cell margin in a table in Word, one or
more other cells or cell margins resize on their own and to Iblis with my
First Amendment rights. How do I prevent this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There are two factors at work he

1. If you have Word 2000 or above, your table is probably set to resize
automatically. On the Table tab of Table Properties, click Options..., and
disable this (or use Table | AutoFit | Fixed Column Width).

2. There are various ways of resizing columns by dragging either the ruler
markers or the column boundaries. By combining dragging with Ctrl and Shift,
you can change the behavior; for more see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...m#SizingTables