Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mdavison mdavison is offline

Default template docs not printing consistently

I have a Word 2003 template used to create biographies of attorneys. On the
left is a text box with a list of standard stats, (law school, languages
spoken etc) and on the right is the "body" of the bio. The text box is lines
up especially so that the first lines of text are even.
On a given PC with the same printer, sometimes the page prints perfectly as
it appears on screen and sometimes - without any character changes at all,
the print job appears as if someone one has entered some random hard
returns above one side or the other so that the lines of the two sections
appear skewed, or as I say - "catty-wompus".

When I was developing the template, this never happened and I printed dozens
of drafts. Now, even at my own - it does this. Is it A) a printer driver
issue B) being printed from a new printer then back to my own printer causes
mysterious and unseen changes? C) actual hardware problem? or D) Known
anomaly in Word templates? I'm apt to choose a driver issue - but how can I
fix it so the documents always print pristinely regardless of hardware?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mdavison mdavison is offline

We sort of solved the issue. But its very odd, that when the Show/hide non
printing characters on OFF - the document looks cock-eyed, and therefore
prints cock-eyed. When Show/Hide is ON (show) its looks perfect, but prints
cock-eyed.

What the heck is giong on? Why would that make a difference?

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Can I copy formatting from a template to many docs? WebColin Formatting Long Documents 1 November 18th 05 03:51 PM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
CPU Usage When Working with Templates you created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 21st 05 11:57 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 04:59 AM