Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Primary School Primary School is offline

Default Can you fix a certain number of characters into a text box?

I am trying to design a school report by subject on A5. I am inserting text
boxes into the frames for a teacher to complete. I want to lock the text box
in place and put a finite number of characters within it, so the teacher
cannot 'overrun' on each subject. Although I have looked at & experimented
with 'protecting documents/text box properties/forms' options on the
toolbars, I still cannot get it to work. Any tips or sets of instructions
much appreciated. Thanks.
--
ICT Info - Primary School
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It sounds like you used the Text Box tool from the Control Toolbox, which is
*not* the one you want. Those controls require VBA in order to function
correctly.

Use the Text Form Field tool on the Forms toolbar instead. Once you insert
it click the Form Field Options button (or double-click the field). In the
Options dialog you can set the Maximum Length anywhere from 0 - 32767
characters.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones