Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
blventerprises blventerprises is offline

Default help with linked docs

good day all I have a little problem with documents saved to disk. I am
trying to send a document with linked photos in it to a client which are
located in a seperate file. is it possable to send this by disk and how do
you do it--
blventerprises

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi,

Provided your pictures are formatted as in-line with text and the images are located in the same folder as the document, this is
fairly straightforward to do. If you've changed them to floating (e.g. square/tight), you'll need to convert them back to in-line
first - you can set them back to floating later.

The first step is to press Alt-F9 to toggle the field code display on. The fields for each image will look something like:
{INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\GrandParentFolder\\ParentFolder\\Imagename.jp g"}
If you now select one of these fields and delete everthing between the double quotes except for the image file's name & extension,
then press F9 to create a new field inside the existing one, the field should change to something like:
{INCLUDEPICTURE "{ }Imagename.jpg"}
Now type 'filename \p' between the new field's braces, and '\\..\\' between the braces and the image name, thus:
{ INCLUDEPICTURE "{filename \p}\\..\\Imagename.jpg"}

If you have a lot of these to do, I'd suggest doing the first one, copying that field to all the remaining picture
positions, then changing the filenames to suit. Delete the old fields as you go.
When you're done, press Alt-F9 again to hide the field codes, then Alt-A to select the whole document and F9 to update all the
fields.

Cheers

--
macropod