Francesca

Default Updating numbers on paragraphs

I have numbered paragraphs. I wish to change (update) the corresponding
numbers of each paragraph when new paragraphs are inserted. That is, if I
have 100 numbered paragraphs, and I then insert 5 additional paragraphs in
between the document, I would like to update the numbers of all the other
paragraphs that follow the new inserted paragraphs. I would appreciate any
assistance.

For this you can use SEQ fields with a formatting switch to supply the
leading zeroes. For example:

[{ SEQ para \# 000# }]

SEQ fields do not update automatically but will update when you select the
document and press F9 or when you print or Print Preview.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried using auto numbering?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Francesca" wrote in message
I have numbered paragraphs. I wish to change (update) the

corresponding
numbers of each paragraph when new paragraphs are inserted. That is,

if I
have 100 numbered paragraphs, and I then insert 5 additional

paragraphs in
between the document, I would like to update the numbers of all the

other
paragraphs that follow the new inserted paragraphs. I would appreciate

any
assistance.

1. Press Ctrl+F9 and type SEQ para \# 000# between the braces, then add
brackets around the field, OR

2. Type SEQ para \# 000#, select it, and press Ctrl+F9, OR

3. Use Insert | Field, selecting a name (it doesn't have to be "para") for
the sequence identifier, and using the Options to insert the numeric picture
switch. That particular one is not listed, but you can insert any switch and
then modify it.

"Francesca" wrote in message
I have numbered paragraphs. I wish to change (update) the

corresponding
numbers of each paragraph when new paragraphs are inserted. That

is,
if I
have 100 numbered paragraphs, and I then insert 5 additional

paragraphs in
between the document, I would like to update the numbers of all

the
other
paragraphs that follow the new inserted paragraphs. I would

appreciate
any
assistance.

Francesca

I am using Word, however, as soon as I press Ctrl + F9 I get a dialog box
which states: Help For WordPerfect Users and a list of commad keys. I am
not sure what to do once this dialog box appears.

"Francesca" wrote in message
I have numbered paragraphs. I wish to change (update) the
corresponding
numbers of each paragraph when new paragraphs are inserted. That

is,
if I
have 100 numbered paragraphs, and I then insert 5 additional
paragraphs in
between the document, I would like to update the numbers of all

the
other
paragraphs that follow the new inserted paragraphs. I would

appreciate
any
assistance.

Glad I could help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried using auto numbering?

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Francesca" wrote in