Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
old spice old spice is offline

Default multi-page fillable forms

I've created a form that requires an applicant to write a narrative that may
require several pages of typing. When they reach the end of the page, a new
pages is generated, but the new page will have all the text from the first
page, and the first page will be blank. It's really messed up. Please check
it out for yourself:

http://www.post.ca.gov/forms/2-255-phsDispatchers.doc

Go to the last page and enter enough placeholder text to flow to a new page
- you'll see the problem.

The horizontal lines (needed if the form is filled in by hand) are in a text
box embedded in the header. Hopefully, the user entered text matches the grid.

However, the big issue is getting the form to work properly; I'm out of
ideas - your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

/deletethis
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the table row has a fixed height, it will move to the next page
instead of breaking. Usually, you want a fixed height for table rows
in a form, but to make this particular row span pages, clear the
"Specify height" box in Table | Table Properties, Row tab. Also, make
sure that the "Allow row to break across pages" option is selected.

To make sure that the inserted lines match the text lines, you can use
a fixed value for line spacing (perhaps you are already doing this; I
obviously can't tell since I cannot unprotect the form).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP