Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
chrisnrach17 chrisnrach17 is offline

Default Problem with locked text in a template...any ideas??

we've got a template which was created some time ago
(http://www.mjrcomputersolutions.co.uk/word/invoice.dot)

We need to nudge up the text at the bottom of the page a couple of lines AND
nudge up the line that includes the date.

For some reason these areas seem to be locked as we can't do anything to
move them up.

Can anyone advise on how we do this?

thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press Alt+F9 to display field codes. You'll see that there are ADVANCE
fields at the bottom of the page. Following the \y switch is a number
which determines the vertical position relative to the page (for the
line containing the field). You can choose a smaller value to "move it
up." Note that you won't see the actual position of the text until you
hide field codes again, pressing Alt+F9.

Alternatively, delete the ADVANCE field and use Spacing Before to
position the text paragraphs instead.

When you are done modifying/deleting the fields, press Alt+F9 again to
hide field codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP