Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Brandon Brandon is offline

Default Need help with formatting PAGE, SECTIONPAGE between Sections

Hello,

I would like to change the formating of my PAGE, SECTIONPAGE numbers between
sections, say from roman to Arabic. For some reason, when I change this in
the header/footer in one section, it updates the field code format for PAGE
and SECTIONPAGE in all sections, not just the one I editted. Is there a way
around this?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you want to change the page number format in section 1, then turn off
"same as previous" or "link to previous" in the header and footer of
section 2 before you modify the page number format in section 1.

If you want to change the page number format in, say, section 3, then
turn off "same as previous" or "link to previous" in the headers and
footers of sections 3 and 4 before you modify the page number format in
section 3.

There is a toggle button for "same as previous" or "link to previous" on
the Header and Footer toolbar that appears when you click on View |
Header and Footer.