Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marcia marcia is offline

Default Word 2007 has Stopped Working

We have a PC running Vista_Business version and Office 2007. Every time a
document is closed we receive the error message: Word has stopped working.
Is there a way to fix this?

I have searched the Support section of Microsoft.com and found this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791/EN-US.
It doesn't seem to have helped. Still happening.

Thank you for any input.
--
marcia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try renaming the Normal.dotm template to OldNormal.dotm and then restart
Word.

If that does not solve the problem, go to the Developer tab in Word and
click on the Document Template button and then uncheck all of the Global
templates and add-ins. If that solves the problem, you can add them back
(check them) one by one until you identify the one that is causing the
problem.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP