karla

Default Why can't I get nametag labels to format properly past pg 1?

I'm creating nametag labels for a dinner that all need to be color coded so I
can't do them in a merge format, and when going past the first page (Avery
5395 template) the formatting changes - not giving the space between labels.
This throws off the alignment for all labels past page 1. I know it works in
a merge, but I can't do this as a merge. So how can I get it to format all
subsequent pages of labels properly?

Labels are set up as a table. To create a new table row, you generally just
tab out of the last cell. This works fine for labels that have only one size
row. For label setups that include spacer rows, however, this will not work
(as you've seen). What you have to do in this case is select two rows (a
label row and a spacer row) and Copy/Paste them.

"karla" wrote in message
news
I'm creating nametag labels for a dinner that all need to be color coded
so I
can't do them in a merge format, and when going past the first page (Avery
5395 template) the formatting changes - not giving the space between

labels.
This throws off the alignment for all labels past page 1. I know it works

in
a merge, but I can't do this as a merge. So how can I get it to format

all
subsequent pages of labels properly?

CyberTaz

Hi Karla-

Perhaps there are more 'professional' ways, but this one is fairly easy...

In a one page label doc based on the label template, select & copy the
table. Go to the end of the page (Ctrl+End), create a page break
(Ctrl+Enter), then paste (Ctrl+V) to the new page. Repeat as necessary.

HTH |:)