Eddie in the Ocean.

Default Adding the path and file name to the footer of my Normal.dot and .

Documents keep getting lost in a Network enviroment and having the path and
file name would help. When I add the path and file name fields and save it
in my Normal.dot then save it. When I create and save the new document, the
path and file name is still for my C:\Documents and Setting\user
name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dot
Margaret Aldis

The field does not update automatically. A quick way of updating fields in
header and footer is to go into Print Preview and out again.

It's not really a good idea to put a footer into your Normal.dot as it will
be there in *every* new document created from the default blank document -
that includes labels ...

Better to make your own template, and use that to create documents that need
the footer.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Eddie in the Ocean." Eddie in the wrote
in message ...