Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IceHockeyJason IceHockeyJason is offline

Default Question about the upgrade process

I apologize if this has been answered, but I am starting a Word 2007 class
tomorrow. I have just enough money to purchase the upgrade version. Now heres
the thing. On my new Acer Laptop, it came pre-installed with Works 8.5 but
did not include any media. Since this installation is a valid one, do I have
to insert a disk to prove I have works on there, or is the installation on my
HD sufficient? This would be an upgrade from an OEM version of Works.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No but what are you going to do if/when you get another computer? You'll
need a wualifying product and may not have one. Are you sure you can't
afford a full version from Amazon?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"IceHockeyJason" wrote in message
I apologize if this has been answered, but I am starting a Word 2007 class
tomorrow. I have just enough money to purchase the upgrade version. Now
heres
the thing. On my new Acer Laptop, it came pre-installed with Works 8.5 but
did not include any media. Since this installation is a valid one, do I
have
to insert a disk to prove I have works on there, or is the installation on
my
HD sufficient? This would be an upgrade from an OEM version of Works.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To follow up on JoAnn's suggestion, as a student, you may be eligible for a
discount price on the full version (through your school). Or you can get the
Home and Student Edition quite reasonably. The one thing I would strongly
advise you *not* to do is purchase any version via download only. Buy it in
a store (even if it's an online store such as Amazon) that will sell you the
CDs. Sooner or later you're going to need them (as you've already realized
about Works). Also, if Works 8.5 is a full version (not just a trial), Acer
should have provided you with a CD for that as well.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I was going to mention the HSE but I don't know if the software will be used
for non-commercial work so I didn't mention it. As for what Acer includes,
our Acers didn't come with any disks nor did we even get trial versions of
Works or Office. (That was fine with me. I had very little to strip out the
first night we owned them)
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

Configuration process SHawke Microsoft Word Help 4 April 7th 08 05:58 AM
Process Help Linda RQ New Users 7 September 5th 07 03:35 AM
Word 07: configuration process JulioJ Microsoft Word Help 1 May 13th 07 07:23 AM
MS Word 2003 Upgrade: What Does "Upgrade" Mean? Sabio Microsoft Word Help 2 May 6th 07 06:58 PM
Word's User Process shutdown Automation process Yehuda Microsoft Word Help 0 August 17th 05 10:05 PM