Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
P. Zicari P. Zicari is offline

Default merging documents

I was sent 2 documents that are set up using columns. I need to combine
these documents into one. If I select all on one and try to copy and paste
it into the other i lose the formatting. Is there a way to combine the
documents into 1 without losing the formatting?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the source document (that is, the one that you want to insert), add a
continuous section break at the beginning *and* end. Save and close the file.

Then place the insertion point in the target document. In the Insert File
dialog, select the source document, and click the Insert button.

To display the Insert File dialog box:

- Click Insert | File (Word 2003).

- Click Insert tab | Object | Text from File (Word 2007).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
I was sent 2 documents that are set up using columns. I need to combine
these documents into one. If I select all on one and try to copy and paste
it into the other i lose the formatting. Is there a way to combine the
documents into 1 without losing the formatting?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
I was sent 2 documents that are set up using columns. I need to combine
these documents into one. If I select all on one and try to copy and paste
it into the other i lose the formatting. Is there a way to combine the
documents into 1 without losing the formatting?

Thanks.

Merging PDF Documents Vic[_2_] Mailmerge 15 February 25th 10 08:54 AM
Merging Documents Jim Microsoft Word Help 1 October 27th 08 11:01 AM
Merging Documents Thomas M. Microsoft Word Help 5 February 5th 08 11:38 PM
Merging documents Katie Mailmerge 1 August 9th 06 09:36 PM
Merging documents et New Users 1 April 15th 06 07:40 PM