Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default scanning a letterhead for a template

I want to scan a letterhead and use it as a template, basically so it opens
up as a normal word document and I insert text as per usual...what a
nightmare! I thought this would be easy, the letterhead has a logo and some
images on it, so I tried saving it as a document (very messy, I think it
tried to convert the images into text) then tried to save as an image
obviously ended up as a jpeg file but tried converting it to a word document
(wasn't able to edit it, was in compatability mode?) surely there is an
easier way to do this...am I missing the obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bryan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules[_3_] Jules[_3_] is offline

Yes sort of. You might look at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

You will need your JPG logo graphic and then work from there - but that is
not to say you cannot scan a letterhead and use it in the header (behind the
scenes so to speak).

"Bryan" wrote in message
I want to scan a letterhead and use it as a template, basically so it opens
up as a normal word document and I insert text as per usual...what a
nightmare! I thought this would be easy, the letterhead has a logo and
some
images on it, so I tried saving it as a document (very messy, I think it
tried to convert the images into text) then tried to save as an image
obviously ended up as a jpeg file but tried converting it to a word
document
(wasn't able to edit it, was in compatability mode?) surely there is an
easier way to do this...am I missing the obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules[_3_] Jules[_3_] is offline

You should also have a look at to create your own letterhead:
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=515