Doug

Default In the Dialog Box it freezes for 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

I recently purchased Office 2003, the student version. I am having this
problem with my new laptop and my desktop. Issue..,

I open Word. I then select the open dialog box. When I select the drop down
arrow the process freezes for 30 seconds to five minutes. At times I have had
to CNTL ALT DEL to get out. This happens in SAVE AS and OPEN DOC.

This issue seems to be getting worse. As I type this, I am trying to save my
syllabus in a folder. Now the issue stated above includes each time I sellect
the next path. Basically the folder inside a folder.

I know this may sound strange, but if you select the UP FOLDER icon, this
issue does not happen. However as soon as you select the drop down arrow, it
is all over and back to the delays.

All your help is appreciated!

Doug

Suzanne,
Thanks!

I am a little confused though. How do I find out if this is the case? I only
have a network drive and the hard drive in each system. They are all
functioning in Exel and Outlook just fine.

Thanks again!

Doug