Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Side by Side layout

I need to create a facilitator's guide that has note for the trainer
on one side and the student's information on the other. So there are
2 pages side by side, but one is for the trainer and the other for the
student. I want this to be one document. I have used ViewZoom and
that has given me the 2 page side by side layout I want, but when I
edit the left hand side, the right hand side information gets pushed.
I don't want that, I want the information on the left hand side only
move information on the left hand side. I can't figure out how to do
this in Word. I am also open to other suggestions, as long as the
result is a 2 page layout that can be edited together and each side is
independent when editing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The only satisfactory way I know of to do this is with two separate
documents or two separate sections of the same document. Look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm for the general
principles of printing on half a page, but instead of mirroring the margins
or gutter, just set your document/section to print on the right (or left)
side of the page. You can then enter text continuously from one recto or
verso page to another. (If you want the left and right sides to have
different page numbers, you'll have to fudge this, but that's another
subject.)

To combine the halves, either print one document/section, then run the paper
back through the printer to print the other, or, if you have the halves in
two sections of a single document, you could print specific pages, entering
the numbers in the order in which they should match up.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I need to create a facilitator's guide that has note for the trainer
on one side and the student's information on the other. So there are
2 pages side by side, but one is for the trainer and the other for the
student. I want this to be one document. I have used ViewZoom and
that has given me the 2 page side by side layout I want, but when I
edit the left hand side, the right hand side information gets pushed.
I don't want that, I want the information on the left hand side only
move information on the left hand side. I can't figure out how to do
this in Word. I am also open to other suggestions, as long as the
result is a 2 page layout that can be edited together and each side is
independent when editing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jones0430

Word is the wrong tool to use if you want to have mulitple text flows in the
same document. Word is not a layout program.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

oups.com...