Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
HLF HLF is offline

Default Why is Word 2003 still on my system after loading Office 2007?

I just loaded Office 2007. When I go to use Word I have both Word 2003 and
Word 2007 listed on my Vista start programs. Why? Doesn't 2007 replace
2003? Do I have to delete 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi H.L.F,

It can depend on how you added Office 2007. If you're using a trial package the default behavior is to leave in place all prior
versions of Office apps in case you decide not to purchase after the trial.

With the retail product CDs the default behavior is to remove the older versions that have a replacement in the new version,
provided that the older version installation had no underlying damage.

If you're seeing both versions in the Programs list (not just in the 'recently used' list in the Start menu) then you can remove
Office 2003 using the Windows Control panel.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP