KristinJo KristinJo is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2010 Quick Styles added to template

Hi Everyone!

I recently added a couple style elements to the quick styles default template. I would like to remove them permanently. When I go to the formatting palette, right click, and then delete- it removes it from the document but reappears when I open a blank document. Any ideas on how to remove?

Thanks!

Kristin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't say which Word version, but you need to open the template
rather than just opening a new document, and make your changes there.

On Jul 10, 8:40*pm, KristinJo
wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I recently added a couple style elements to the quick styles default
template. I would like to remove them permanently. When I go to the
formatting palette, right click, and then delete- it removes it from the
document but reappears when I open a blank document. Any ideas on how to
remove?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Peter says, you'll probably need to remove them in the template itself.
The easiest way to open the template in any Word version (except Word 2010
Starter, which has no VBA capabilities) is as follows:

In Word, press Alt+F11; the Visual Basic Editor opens. Press Ctrl+G to
activate the Immediate window. In that window, type

NormalTemplate.OpenAsDocument

and press Enter. Normal opens, but note that it may not be on top of all
windows. You can close the Visual Basic Editor. Make the desired changes to
the Normal file, and then save and close it. If the changes you have made
have not been recognized as changes (the Undo button is not activated),
press Spacebar, then Backspace to "dirty" the file, thus ensuring that the
template will actually be saved.

http://word.mvps.org

--
KristinJo