Margot

Default Putting an actual check mark in a check box form field.

How do I get a real check mark in the form field check box? All I can get is
an X to go in that box. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Margot

With text form fields you don't get a choice. It's an X, take it or leave
it. If you want a check instead, there are other ways to create check boxes.
See http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm or
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/add_check_boxes.htm

"Margot" wrote in message
How do I get a real check mark in the form field check box? All I can get

is
an X to go in that box. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Margot

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

An X is the only checkbox format. If you wanted an actual check versus
an X, then you'd have to write VBA code to insert that symbol when the
user checks the box...which would be a lot more work. If you know VBA,
you can record a macro inserting the Check symbol from Insert
Symbols and then add that to the Run on Exit field of the checkbox.
Add code that would select the checkbox if checked and replace it with
a checkmark. However, without a lot more logistics in your code, the
user would not be able to change that once you remove the checkbox.

If you don't know VBA, I'd suggest you stick with the X.

You can find more info on creating form he

http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified