Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Adam

Default Change default line spacing in Office Word

I had Word (2000 I think) which in page setup I had changed to double
spacing, I have just got office 2003 which wont let me change the default
line spacing back to single line spacing as the default is double spacing.
How do I change the DEFAULT line spacing as even clicking the single spacing
icon on the formatting toolbar it stays double spaced? I need to chane the
default spacing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Line spacing or inter-paragraph line spacing?

See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Adam" wrote in message
I had Word (2000 I think) which in page setup I had changed to double
spacing, I have just got office 2003 which wont let me change the default
line spacing back to single line spacing as the default is double spacing.
How do I change the DEFAULT line spacing as even clicking the single
spacing
icon on the formatting toolbar it stays double spaced? I need to chane the
default spacing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you have changed to single spacing and still think your content is
double-spaced, then the line spacing is not the issue.

1. On the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure that vertical alignment is set
to Top, not Justified.

2. In the Format Paragraph dialog, make sure that there is no Spacing Before
or After.