Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Debbi Debbi is offline

Default Cell borders split

I have a multi-column, multi-row table. Within a single cell of multiple
lines of text, I have selected two rows and applied a simple box border.
This is an old document that's gone through several versions of Word and
been printed to both dot matrix and laser printers in the past. Now, in both
Word 2002 and Word 2003, printing to a Brother MFC, instead of the subject
text looking like two lines of text with a box around them, it appears as
one line of text with a border around it, then a space, followed by another
line of text with a border. It looks fine in print preview, but not when
printed. Tried the Brother site to see if there was an known issue. Also
tried using a HP4 printer driver. The doc printed fine to the Brother, but
the same table problem appears. I have about 90 pages with at least 150
instances of this problem, so manually trying to correct it (if I could
figure out how) is going to be an issue.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Debbi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk57[_9_] Henk57[_9_] is offline

Debbi;2040213 Wrote:
[...]

I believe this is a printer driver issue. However, could it be that
you have applied your border format setting to paragraph or text,
instead of to table (or cells for that matter)

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Debbi Debbi is offline

You are correct, in that the formatting is applied to two sentences within
the cell. But, it's been that way for years, and through several versions of
Word. I have now tried three different printers, two computers, and still
get the same result. Looks fine in print preview, prints incorrectly. My
take is that the printer driver appears to format it correctly, but Word is
sending incorrect instructions.
"Henk57" wrote in message

Debbi;2040213 Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Make sure that the border is applied to the paragraph, not to selected text.
For this to work, the bordered text will need to be a separate paragraph
from the remaining text in the cell.

"Debbi" wrote in message
[...]

How can I split a table cell diagonally? EMS_ANU Microsoft Word Help 5 April 26th 23 08:48 AM
Borders in split cells KyleW Microsoft Word Help 3 January 19th 07 06:23 PM
Split cell in a table jerick Tables 2 October 31st 06 03:13 PM
Split a merged cell in word Elizabeth Tables 1 September 30th 05 07:25 PM
how to split two pages cell Roni Tables 1 April 24th 05 11:56 AM