Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doris Byrd[_2_] Doris Byrd[_2_] is offline

Default Mail Merge - Skipping records

I am working with documents that are 2 flyers on one page. We print the
flyers, run a merge of names and addresses, and then cut them in half. The
merge field is in a text box because of all of the graphics we use.

I have found (in using 2003), that when I enter the field "next record,"
that approximately every third record is missed. However, if we do not use
this field, then no record prints on the second flyer. This was easily
handled in previous versions which gave us more control of the merge.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. Have you tried converting your text boxes to old-style word frames?

The trouble with text boxes is that they are in the graphics layer of Word,
and it isn't completely obvious /where/ each item in the graphics layer is,
in relation to the text layer.

This was easily
handled in previous versions which gave us more control of the merge.

2. Which version of Word were you using before? Were you using text boxes,
or frames?

Peter Jamieson

"Doris Byrd" wrote in message
I am working with documents that are 2 flyers on one page. We print the
flyers, run a merge of names and addresses, and then cut them in half. The
merge field is in a text box because of all of the graphics we use.

I have found (in using 2003), that when I enter the field "next record,"
that approximately every third record is missed. However, if we do not use
this field, then no record prints on the second flyer. This was easily
handled in previous versions which gave us more control of the merge.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

While I agree with Peter in relation to text boxes, if you are losing every
third record, then do you have two next record fields? You should only have
one, in the second flyer.