Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arthur Dent Arthur Dent is offline

Default While typing text in W2007, page moves & hides text

This happens frequently and it is extremely annoying.

I'll be typing, often a multi-page doc, and suddenly the page moves, hiding
the text I'm working on. I then have to scroll the page to find where I left
off, so I can continue working.

Why does this happen, and what can I do about it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I had that problem in Word 2007 for a long time, and continue to have it in
Outlook 2007. I believe that that problem was fixed in Word 2007 SP2,
however, since it's not happening here anymore. If you haven't applied SP2,
give it a try and see if the problem still occurs.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Arthur Dent" wrote in message
This happens frequently and it is extremely annoying.

I'll be typing, often a multi-page doc, and suddenly the page moves,
hiding
the text I'm working on. I then have to scroll the page to find where I
left
off, so I can continue working.

Why does this happen, and what can I do about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arthur Dent Arthur Dent is offline

My computer came with SP2 installed. I have not installed SP3.

I think this problem occurs with Outlook, too, now that you mention it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

I had that problem in Word 2007 for a long time, and continue to have it in
Outlook 2007. I believe that that problem was fixed in Word 2007 SP2,
however, since it's not happening here anymore. If you haven't applied SP2,
give it a try and see if the problem still occurs.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Arthur Dent" wrote in message
This happens frequently and it is extremely annoying.

I'll be typing, often a multi-page doc, and suddenly the page moves,
hiding
the text I'm working on. I then have to scroll the page to find where I
left
off, so I can continue working.

Why does this happen, and what can I do about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arthur Dent Arthur Dent is offline

Whoops! Lost my mind for a minute. I have SP2 on my Windows XP. I'll see
if I have Office SP2. I'm pretty sure I downloaded it, but I had to
uninstall/reinstall, so it might have disappeared. I'll go to MS downloads
and see what I find.

Thanks.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

I had that problem in Word 2007 for a long time, and continue to have it in
Outlook 2007. I believe that that problem was fixed in Word 2007 SP2,
however, since it's not happening here anymore. If you haven't applied SP2,
give it a try and see if the problem still occurs.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Arthur Dent" wrote in message
This happens frequently and it is extremely annoying.

I'll be typing, often a multi-page doc, and suddenly the page moves,
hiding
the text I'm working on. I then have to scroll the page to find where I
left
off, so I can continue working.

Why does this happen, and what can I do about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arthur Dent Arthur Dent is offline

Hi, Herb,

I just re-downloaded Office SP2, and I trust that the problem will go away
in Word. (I'd downloaded SP2 just a couple of weeks before I had to do the
reinstall, so I hadn't noticed the improvement, which I'd dealt with for
nearly two years, without checking this newsgroup. Silly me.)

However, you stated that Outlook continues to have the problem. Do you know
if MS is working on that?

Thanks for your help (and patience).

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

I had that problem in Word 2007 for a long time, and continue to have it in
Outlook 2007. I believe that that problem was fixed in Word 2007 SP2,
however, since it's not happening here anymore. If you haven't applied SP2,
give it a try and see if the problem still occurs.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Arthur Dent" wrote in message
This happens frequently and it is extremely annoying.

I'll be typing, often a multi-page doc, and suddenly the page moves,
hiding
the text I'm working on. I then have to scroll the page to find where I
left
off, so I can continue working.

Why does this happen, and what can I do about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know about the prognosis for Outlook, unfortunately. While some of
the same programming modules were used for the Outlook 2007 editor, they are
done by different units within Microsoft. I hope that the fix trickles
sideways to Outlook, but I've heard nothing.