Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
chaitov

Default Print document without comments by default

I use Word to take notes in my college classes, and I sometimes insert
comments during class to remind myself that I missed a point or that I had a
question about something. When I print my notes, though, I'd prefer not to
print the comments (especially since it then shrinks the entire document and
makes it harder to read, but also because I don't need to see them on printed
versions). I know how to manually change the option so that it won't print
the comments, but is there a way to change the default so that it NEVER tries
to print the comments unless I ask? I'd be happy with a macro that does
this, but my experience with them is limited and I don't know how to go about
doing that.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2hhaXRvdg==?=,

I use Word to take notes in my college classes, and I sometimes insert
comments during class to remind myself that I missed a point or that I had a
question about something. When I print my notes, though, I'd prefer not to
print the comments (especially since it then shrinks the entire document and
makes it harder to read, but also because I don't need to see them on printed
versions). I know how to manually change the option so that it won't print
the comments, but is there a way to change the default so that it NEVER tries
to print the comments unless I ask? I'd be happy with a macro that does
this, but my experience with them is limited and I don't know how to go about
doing that.

No, there's no way to change the default. The macro code is fairly simple
though. In order to learn how to use the macro, if you have no idea, read the
tutorial on the word.mvps.org site on how to use macro people give you.

Sub PrintDocNoComments()
ActiveDocument.PrintOut _
Item:=wdPrintDocumentContent
End Sub