Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
VSHSNewton VSHSNewton is offline

Default Using a Fill in Field w/ Mail Merge

I have added a fill in field in a form letter. I would like to add a
different personalized note to each letter. Supposedly I should be able to
write a different note when I merge the letters. I do not seem to be able to
get it to work correctly. Or the way I think it should work! When I select
"edit individual documents" in the merge process I am not able to see what
letter I am typing the personal message for.

Is there something I am doing incorrectly? Or do I simply need to know the
order of records when they are merged and hope I get the right messages
matched with the appropriate individual
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You need to execute the merge, either to the printer or a new document, then
you should be asked to supply the information for the Fill in field as each
record is merged. I would suggest merging to a new document so that you can
check the result before printing it. When you do that, the letter for each
recipient will be in a separate section in that document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP