Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
piggy piggy is offline

Default Need some help with Office Word and Mail labels

I have a lot of names and addresses on microsoft word. I add to these names
every year. I use the Avery mailing labels. How do I get these names and
addresses in alphabetical order so as not to send more than one mail out to
the same person? Thank you in advance, pk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to sort your mail merge data source before merging the labels. If
you have only the labels, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...ToDatafile.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"piggy" wrote in message
I have a lot of names and addresses on microsoft word. I add to these names
every year. I use the Avery mailing labels. How do I get these names and
addresses in alphabetical order so as not to send more than one mail out
the same person? Thank you in advance, pk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
piggy piggy is offline

That reply was so complicated, I may just jump off a cliff, lol, the names
and addresses were typed by me and saved in the word, 2003, program, all I
have to do to print the labels is hit print, but I still don't know how to
put them in alphabetical order. Was your reply the only way to do this?
Regards, PK

"piggy" wrote in message
I have a lot of names and addresses on microsoft word. I add to these names
every year. I use the Avery mailing labels. How do I get these names and
addresses in alphabetical order so as not to send more than one mail out
the same person? Thank you in advance, pk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Pretty much, yes. The method described has a lot of steps but isn't really
hard. Print out the page and just follow the directions.

http://word.mvps.org

"piggy" wrote in message
I have a lot of names and addresses on microsoft word. I add to these
names
every year. I use the Avery mailing labels. How do I get these names
and
addresses in alphabetical order so as not to send more than one mail
out
the same person? Thank you in advance, pk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Try an alternative set of instructions
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm then